The Wm. Watson company was founded in 1837 in London.
In the 1840s, The firm sold lanterns, slides and associated equipment.
In 1868 the firms name was changed to W. Watson & Son and they were located at 313 High Holborn, London. They continued at this address well into the 1940s.
In the late 1870s the firm began adding photographic equipment and quickly became one of the country's leading manufacturers of the Highest Class Photographic Instruments and Apparatus.
On 9 January, 1881 William Watson died.
In 1883 the firms name was changed to W. Watson & Sons for the Williams son, Charles Henry Watson joining business. In an 1883 kelly's business directory, it lists both Charles Henry Watson and Henry Watson associated with Watson & sons located at 23 Walton St, Aylesbury.
In the 1890s the business continued to grow and they advertised factories for instruments, Optical glass and cabinet work at Fullwood Rents W.C. and the warehouse and show room remaining at the 313 High Holborn.
In 1900 W. Watson & sons purchased the John Browning & Co.
In 1908 the firm became W. Watson & Sons Ltd.
In 1948 the business dissolved.CLICK HERE for a list of Watson & Sons cameras.