The N. S. Reflex Camera was manufactured by James A. Sinclair & Co. in London, England in circa 1910. This camera was introduced to meet a need for a quality reflex camera that did not contain a focal plane shutter and was capable of slower speeds. The shutter on the N.S. provided 1/100 to 1/2 of a second, in addition to time. The name represents the two designers A.S. Newman and James A. Sinclair, where Newman is credited with the mechanical design. The orignal lens was an f4.5 Zeiss Tessar Anastigmatic which could be replaced with a Bush Bis-Telar short focus lens for copy work. The hood, called the sky shade, was removable and could be replaced with the Sinclair bellows form of hood. The hood may also have been supplied with magnifiers which would sprig into place when the hood was erected. The back is rotating for portrait or landscape photos. It was originally priced at £23 10s.
CLICK HERE for a list of Sinclair Cameras.
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera