The Williamson Pistol Camera was manufactured by the Williamson Manufacturing Company Ltd., of Litchfield Gardens, Willesden Green, London, N.W., in circa 1933. Designed for the use by light aero-plane owners. The camera was constructed entirely out of aluminum, covered in a drable Kryslac enamel. It was fitted with a f4.5 Ross Xpres lens of 5-3 inch focus and was capable of accepting telephot lenses like the Dallmeyer Dallon and the Ross Teleros. The shutter was an all metal ever-set louvre providing speeds up to 1/200th of a second. Although it was designed as an aero camera, it could also be used of subjects on the ground. It was offered in a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 inch size and was made to accept plates, film-packs, or roll films. It was orginally priced with the standard Ross lens for £25 complete.
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera