In 1936 the three Simmon Brothers, Alfred, Rudolph and Frederick established their business in Long Island City, New York for the purpose of manufacturing photographic enlargers. Their first product was the Omega Model A Enlarger. The original Simmon Omega 120 camera design was made by Alfred Simmon and introduced in March 1954. It later became the Koni-Omega made by Konica. In the 1960's they were the largest manufacturer of photographic enlargers in the world. In 1961 the brothers sold their company to Kong Photo. In the 1970s Kong Photo became Berkey Marketing company located in Woodside, New York and the cameras were manufactured by Konica in Japan. During the 70's the company also changed ownership to Mamiya. In 1995 the company purchased the assets of Satter, Inc. of Denver, Colorado a distributor and marketer of major photographic lines. In 2001 the company changed their name to OmegaSatter and are in business today providing customers with photographic and darkroom equipment, supplies and accessories.
CLICK HERE for an icon listing of Simmon Brothers Camera's
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera