The Clarus Camera Manufacturing Company was established in 1946, after the end of World War II, with the introduction of a single camera design by Paul Mann, the MS-35 camera. It came to market late in that year. The company was located at 1554 Nicollet Ave., Minneapolis, Minnesota. The MS-35 was the only camera design that the company manufactured. Although it did make a renamed version, Wescon, for a short time. The camera desing was a received with moderate success due to reliability problems. However sales were sufficient to maintain production and in 1947 the company established an export division called the Clarus Photographic Equipment International, Inc., located at 4741 N. Western Ave, Chicago, Illinois. The firm ceased operations in 1952.
CLICK HERE for an icon listing of Clarus Camera Mfg. Camera's
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera