In 1862 Pearce "Henry" Crouch, with help from his brother William, started the family business at Regent’s Canal Dock, London, making good quality low cost microscopes for middle-class microscopists and students. William departed from the business in 1867. Henry Crouch’s business moved in c1868, to 54 London Wall, then to 66 Barbican in 1874. At about 1886, Henry incorporated as Henry Crouch Limited. Also during 1886, the first known advertisements for Crouch’s cameras and photographic lenses appeared. He made a only few camera models; a plate box version, an automatic magazine version and a standard British style folding field camera. H. Crouch is best known as a maker of microscopes. Henry sold the business in 1907 to S. Maw, Son and Sons. Henry continued to worked for that firm for many years after, supervising manufacture of microscopes and other equipment. Henry Crouch died on March 16, 1916.
CLICK HERE for an icon listing of Henry Crouch Camera's
Dresser Hand Camera
Presto Box Camera
New or Popular Camera
Tail Board Camera
Herny Crouch by Brian Stevenson updated July, 201 (http://microscopist.net/CrouchH.html)
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera