Which database for organizing a collection ?

General discussion

Which database for organizing a collection ?

Postby MISTER GEORGE » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:33 am

Hello everyone,

Thanks for having me.
I would like to have your recommendation about choosing a data base to organize a collection.

I have been for quite some time now searching for some 'already built' database on the market (or free) that would answer the specific needs for a camera collection and never found anything really convincing.

Before reluctantly diving into my Excel manual in order to make one by my-own-little-clumsy-self, I though you guys might be able to possibly give some advise on possible existing options.

I have lately inherited my father and grand parents collection to deal with on top on my much more modest own, and REALLY have to get organized in an efficient, practical way very quickly.

My specifications would include the possibility to add a number of images for each model (not just one, or two) and to customize the database in order to add beside the usual technical specs, links, articles, texts relating to a specific camera...if possible.

In advance, I am grateful for your input.

GC

PS: For those who may wonder...my alias is a tribute to my grand father who served in WWI (started Aug 1, 1914, just over a century ago) as one of the first "army photographer"...later a 'civilian' photographer, know in his little town as 'Mister George', which was only his first name.
MISTER GEORGE

Re: Which database for organizing a collection ?

Postby JackPonting » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:32 pm

If we talk about database which helps you in to organizing your photo collections then DBGallery : Photo Management Database System is the best option for you.
JackPonting

Re: Which database for organizing a collection ?

Postby stevezahn » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 am

You can try to use StudioLine Photo Basic. The software packs a broad selection of image editing tools like transformation options, special effects, color mixer, etc. along with multitude of image management features such as quick search, sorting, metadata editing, import and export tool, print tool and many more.
I also use Excel to structure my data. In this regard, one example helps me and shows how to work with the ungrouped frequency distribution. There are certain rules and items that must be followed.
stevezahn

Return to General Topics