Vacation Photographs

Share collected photos, user analog photos and information about photographs

Vacation Photographs

Postby tom » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi,

Any suggestions on what to do with 5000 vacation photographs and slides. It is from an amateur photographer from the 50-60's time period. Photo's from all over the world. Pretty amazing collection. I wonder how many of shutter bugs are out there with collections this large.

tom
tom

Re: Vacation Photographs

Postby barrymorgan88 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:57 pm

tom wrote:Hi,

Any suggestions on what to do with 5000 vacation photographs and slides. It is from an amateur photographer from the 50-60's time period. Photo's from all over the world. Pretty amazing collection. I wonder how many of shutter bugs are out there with collections this large.
Las Vegas Singles HotelPopular Las Vegas Hotels
tom

I would really like to see these. I am a huge fan of cool photography from that era. It would be great if you could try to get them uploaded to a flickr account if it is possible to get them on digital. If not, you should print out the best ones. :) Good luck with your project.
barrymorgan88

Postby maliha » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:24 am

I have a boxful of photos taken in occupied Japan by my late father-in-law when he was a photographer with the Signal Corps after WWII. They range in size from small snaps to 8x10s, and the box also contains numerous 4x5 sheet and 35mm roll negatives.

Other than a couple of photos that were captioned for publication in Stars and Stripes, and a signed photo with a personal thank-you note from a Major General, there is virtually no documentation on the contents. Images include street scenes, military men, a few portraits, official ceremonies, and scenery.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do with my collection - something more productive than sitting in a closet. Is there a historical society that might be able to make use of it? I couldn't begin to digitize the entire collection, although I'd be happy to scan a few to share if would be helpful.
maliha

Postby MichaelRamirez » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:56 am

Hello! Where I can find the collection of amateur photographs? I'd like to see all the pictures.
MichaelRamirez

Return to Photographs