Old post-war Japan photos

Share collected photos, user analog photos and information about photographs

Old post-war Japan photos

Postby nathanmeyers » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:55 am

I have a boxful of photos taken in occupied Japan by my late father-in-law when he was a photographer with the Signal Corps after WWII. They range in size from small snaps to 8x10s, and the box also contains numerous 4x5 sheet and 35mm roll negatives.

Other than a couple of photos that were captioned for publication in Stars and Stripes, and a signed photo with a personal thank-you note from a Major General, there is virtually no documentation on the contents. Images include street scenes, military men, a few portraits, official ceremonies, and scenery.

I'm trying to figure out what I can do with my collection - something more productive than sitting in a closet. Is there a historical society that might be able to make use of it? I couldn't begin to digitize the entire collection, although I'd be happy to scan a few to share if would be helpful.
nathanmeyers

Re: Old post-war Japan photos

Postby tom » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:28 pm

Hi,

I would be interested in seeing a few. I am in the same situation. We have had a few donations and it does take a long time to digitize and post. I hope to be able to process someday through Historic Camera, but we are not staffed yet. You can always post in our gallery or on flickr.

Regards,
tom
tom

Re: Old post-war Japan photos

Postby adela » Tue May 28, 2013 1:44 am

i would like to appreciate you for sharing such a great info with us
adela

Return to Photographs