The Seneca Camera manufacturing Company was formed in 1895
In 1899 the company was incorporated by three business men, Frank T. Day as president, William C. Whitlock as the vice-president and Lorin E. Mason as secretary and treasurer.
In 1900 Seneca moved to 160 Court Street.
In early 1902, the Seneca camera co. purchased the Sunart Photo company that was founded in 1893 and the the Bullard Camera Company with a working capital of 25,000. The company was initially based at 248 Mill Street in rochester new York.
In 1903 the company moved to the Gundlach building at 761 South Clinton.
In 1909 they moved again to the Woodworth building at 299 State Street.
In 1917 they moved to Central Avenue where they occupied several locations.
In 1910 the company claimed to be the largest independent camera maker in the world.
In 1924 the Seneca Camera Manufacturing Company was sold to Conley Camera Company, which was then a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Roebuck & co., and manufactured cameras for Sears under the seroco label.
Note: Seneca catalogs are dated by letters starting in 1900 with catalogue A, marked on the back page.
CLICK HERE for a listing of
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera