The Scientific Hand Camera was manufactured by the Scientific Hand Camera Company of 97 Queen Victoria Street, London in circa 1896. The camera was a compact twin lens reflex type with a large full-size view finder, in addition to having a ground glass back for focusing when mounted on a tripod. The camera body was constructed of wood and covered in leather. It was fitted with a Wray or a Beck rapid rectilinear lens with iris diaphragms working from F8 to F64 and a Thorton-Picard instantaneous shutter. The camera was made in three sizes, a quarter plate, a half plate and a 5 x4 inch. The 5 x 4 camera measures 6 1/8 x 5 3/8 x 6 5/8 inches when closed. It was an expensive camera for the period.
Historic Camera Value and Rating - Estimating Overall Worth (about)
Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera