Search Database


Translate this page

  Kern & Comapny

The Kern Company was founded in 1819 in the town of Aarau, Switzerland by Jakob Kern for the purpose of manufacturing and selling drawing instruments and later all types of scientific equipment. In 1857, Jakob's two sons, Adolf and Emil joined the firm. by 1914 all three Kerns had retired and the business was renamed Kern & company AG. Heinrich Kern, son of Adolf was then managing the firm. In 1923 the company began to sell cameras with limited production. Due to high costs of production the business did not make cameras for a long period of time. In 1991 after several change of hands, the company ceased operations.

CLICK HERE for an icon listing of Kern & Co. Camera's



Bijou camera

Stereo Kern


# 3131
2015-08-13 20:12:16

Return to Previous Page
Return to the History Librarium

Copyright © 2002 - 2019 Historic Camera